“Sober Curious” refers to people who choose to abstain from alcohol (or other substances), either indefinitely or just sometimes. This may be motivated by health and wellness goals, or the fact that they don’t like how they feel while drinking or using substances.
If you’re curious, here are some tips to get you started:
- Make a list of all the reasons you’re motivated to change. It can be helpful to reference when you find yourself wanting to use.
- Be gentle with yourself and set reasonable goals.
- Keep a journal to track your experience. Reflecting on why or how you drink or use can be helpful information to set yourself up for success.
- The Center for Students in Recovery provides a supportive community where students in recovery and in hope of recovery can achieve academic success while enjoying a 5genuine college experience free from alcohol and other drugs.
- A comprehensive directory of addiction and recovery resources, primarily in and around the Austin community.